Technology/ Remote Workforce Offerings
Covid-19 Dashboards & Data Sources
Emergency Paid Sick Leave
Covered employers must make up to 80 hours of paid sick leave available for certain Coronavirus-related absences, in addition to any current paid time off provided by the employer.
Reasons for sick leave:
- Employee is subject to federal, state or local quarantine or isolation order
- Employee has be advised by healthcare provider to self-quarantine
- Employee is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and seeking medical diagnosis
- Employee is caring for individual who is subject to order described in #1 above
- Employee is caring for his or her child if school or place of care is closed due to COVID-19 precautions
- Employee is experiencing nay other substantially similar condition specified by Secretary of Labor
Payment during sick leave:
- For sick leave under reasons 1-3 (e.g., employee is sick), leave is paid at the employee’s regular rate of pay, capped at $511 per day ($5,110 aggregate).
For sick leave under reasons 4-6 (e.g., employee is caring for someone else), leave is capped at $200/day ($2,00 aggregate).
Tax credit for employers: Provides a refundable tax credit equal to 100% of qualified paid sick leave wages paid by an employer for each calendar quarter.